Re: ACS Author Choice Program

From: Adam Chesler <a_chesler_at_ACS.ORG>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:21:49 -0500

To the question that Dr. Harnad has posted:

Does ACS endorse the posting of authors' peer-reviewed final drafts on
their own institutional websites for scholarly purposes without fee?

The answer is: No, such posting is not endorsed or allowed. By the ACS
Articles on Request program, authors may post a link that directs the
user to the final published article on the ACS web site. Many ACS
authors have taken advantage of this free option, to good effect.

Adam

Adam Chesler
Assistant Director, Sales and Library Relations
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036

Office Telephone: (202) 872-6183