Re: Size of repositories

From: Leslie Carr <lac_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:57:47 +0000

On 20 Mar 2007, at 14:42, Isidro F. Aguillo wrote:

> The thresholds are as follows:
>
> PDF DOC PPT PS SCHOLAR
>
> PREMIER LEAGUE 19000 4000 2000 1000 3300
>
> WORLD CLASS 7000 2000 1000 300 1200
>
> REGIONAL CLASS 3000 500 300 50 400
>
> These figures could be used as a reference in repository planning.

What are the justifications for your thresholds? Are you saying that
a University with an existing Premier League Ranking should have 19K
PDFs in its repository? Or are you saying that if you create a league
table that is defined by repository size, then the top 200 should all
have 19K PDFs in their repositories?

Either way I don't know where your figures come from. There are only
16 institutional- or pseudo-institutional repositories in the world
with more than 19K records - and that's not filtering out the
bibliographic records with no full texts.

--
Les Carr