Re: OA Mandates, Embargoes, and the "Fair Use" Button

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 04:09:26 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Sally Morris (Morris Associates) wrote:

> ...'Fair Use' seems to me a very misleading name for the 'button'

Actually, the official name of the button is "Request Eprint" in EPrints
and "Request Copy" in DSpace, but it wasn't until we started calling it
the "Fair Use Button" that people finally began to twig on what it was
actually for, and what it means, and what it can and will do! So I'm
quite happy with the nickname... It's also made the logic of the ID/OA
mandate more transparent.

  https://secure.ecs.soton.ac.uk/notices/publicnotices.php?notice=902
  http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php//RequestCopy
  http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/71-guid.html