Sustainable Repositories (fwd)

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:35:57 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:57:01 +0100
From: Leslie Carr

The preprint that I circulated a few months ago has just been
published in the latest issue of DLib

    Size Isn't Everything: Sustainable Repositories
    as Evidenced by Sustainable Deposit Profiles
    by Leslie Carr and Tim Brody, University of Southampton
    http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july07/carr/07carr.html

The basic message is that healthy repositories are those that continuously
receive material from a wide spectrum of researchers. ROAR has been
adapted to measure this criterion and rank repositories accordingly

However, I leave the field wide open for Open Access metrics as it
was still difficult to accurately determine the number of full texts.

--Les Carr