Repository Growth Statistics

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:21:58 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:54:29 +0100
From: Leslie Carr <lac -- ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To: JISC-REPOSITORIES -- JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Repository stats?

There are two FANTASTIC services that you can use to answer your
question. Both are run by incredibly dedicated, talented and
astonishingly under-resourced teams** in the UK.

The first, OpenDOAR (http://www.opendoar.org) can tell you about the number
of repositories, their subject areas and policies.
The second, ROAR (http://roar.eprints.org) gives explicit information about
the size of repositories and their development over time. It also
provides a preservation service for cataloguing the various types of
files in each repository.

    [SH: ROAR also provides growth charts across time that you can
    generate, both for number of repositories and number of deposits;
    you can select the category of repository you are interested in,
    by repository type (e.g., institional vs. central), by country,
    or by institution. ROAR's creator is Dr. Tim Brody]

I hope this is useful.
---
Les Carr
**also devastatingly attractive :-)