DRFIC2008 Call for posters and participation

From: SUGITA Shigeki <sugita_at_LIB.HOKUDAI.AC.JP>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:44:15 +0900

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-2022-JP" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

Call for posters and participation:

 DRF International Conference 2008
 "Open Access and Institutional Repository in Asia-Pacific"
 https://www.tulips.tsukuba.ac.jp/DRFIC2008/
 Osaka, January 30-31, 2008

The Steering Committee invites you to attend the DRF International Conference 2008 (DRFIC2008) from 30th to 31st January 2008 in Osaka, JAPAN
DRFIC2008 will focus on the open access movement in the world, in the Asia, and in Japan in order to contribute to a better scholarly communication in the world. Osaka, the second largest city in Japan, resides in the heart of Kwansai area, which includes the famous traditional Japanese city, Kyoto, and the fashionable port city, Kobe. It is not just the economic center but is historically and culturally important in relation to the cities in the area.
It is our great pleasure to hold an international conference in this nice circumstance. We welcome participants from all Asia and all the world and hope to discuss the future of scholarly communication with all!

 DRFIC2008 web site
 https://www.tulips.tsukuba.ac.jp/DRFIC2008/

*Call for participation*

Registration will be opened on 22nd, October at the conference website.

*Call for posters*

The conference programme includes a poster session and its recap on the second day (31st January) where good practice examples of institutional repositories will be presented. Conference participants will vote for the best poster award.
Poster Content
Posters are meant to provide information about activities relating to the institutional repository or open access movement. Topics of interest may include but not limited to one of the following:
 - Activities to increase deposit into IR
 - Ideas to promote IR
 - Institutional policy on OA and IR
 - IR and new library services
 - Long-term preservation of IR contents etc.

_Submissions_

 Abstracts due: 1st November, 2007
 Notification of acceptance: 15th November, 2007

Those who are interested in presenting a poster should submit an abstract in a PDF or a Word file, containing a single A4 page with at least 3 cm white margins on all sides. It should be written in English within half a page, for we will add its Japanese translation at the bottom half of the page.
Submissions should be e-mailed to drfic08_at_lib.hokudai.ac.jp. We will notify you regarding acceptance by e-mail no later than 15th November, 2007.
Abstracts of accepted poster presentations will be included in the conference documentation.

_Poster set up and removal_

Set up on Wednesday, 30th, January between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m. or Thursday, 31st January between 9:00 and 12:00 a.m. Remove on Thursday, 31st January by 5:00 p.m. We will provide a board on which to tack posters. All posters must fit into a 820 mm x 1100 mm space. Tape and tacks will be provided.

We look forward to seeing you at the conference.

Steering Committee
DRF International Conference 2008
SUGITA Shigeki <sugita_at_lib.hokudai.ac.jp>
https://www.tulips.tsukuba.ac.jp/DRFIC2008/