Scientific publishing will be a priority on the agenda of the Portuguese Presidency (of the EU).

From: N. Miradon <nmiradon_at_YAHOO.FR>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:06:13 -0500

Wikipedia says "In ballet, a pas de deux (French, step/dance for two) is a
duet in which ballet steps are performed together. It usually consists of an
entrée, adagio, two variations (one for each dancer), and a coda" [1].

Europe watchers from the OA camp know all about this. We have already seen
the entrée [2]; the adagio [3] and the first variation [4,5,6] (danced by
the European Commission). Now we have the second variation (danced by the
European Council, and just published)...

THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
... snip ...
6) INVITES THE COMMISSION TO
... snip ...
~V experiment with open access to scientific data and publications resulting
from projects funded by the EU Research Framework Programmes in order to
assess the appropriateness of adopting specific contractual requirements>>
... snip ...

For more, see [7]

N. Miradon

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pas_de_deux