Re: Publisher Proxy Deposit Is A Potential Trojan Horse

From: Leslie Carr <lac_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:47:29 +0000

On 20 Mar 2008, at 02:18, Thomas Krichel wrote:

> Stevan Harnad writes
>
> > (7) University-external, subject-based self-archiving does not
> > scale up
> > to cover all of OA output space: it is divergent, divisive,
> > arbitrary,
> > incoherent and unnecessary.
>
> So, do you reccommend arXiv, RePEc, E-LIS, etc to close down?

I would vote that they continue to do every thing that they can to
promote open access! More papers! More data!
We're very lucky to have them, and we thank our lucky stars for them.
It's just that there just doesn't seem to be any way to make them
multiply into other fields - and there are a lot of other fields!
--
Les