Re: leveraging funder mandated deposition into central archives

From: (wrong string) édon Jean-Claude <jean.claude.guedon_at_UMONTREAL.CA>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:17:56 -0400

I think Mike has it just right. Let us work from where we are, such as the NIH mandate. It was hard enough to get. And if it is not perfect, well, too bad! But it looks pretty good to me.

Let us indeed leverage the NIH mandate. It is this success that is making Canadian funders move as well and that is important. And Mike's three-point proposal appears very reasonable to me for the North American situation. In other parts of the world, other ways of working may well be emerging, and that is fine too. So long as OA is getting closer.

Again, rough consensus and working code... :-)

Jean-Claude Guédon