Re: Convergent IR Deposit Mandates vs. Divergent CR Deposit Mandates

From: Lee Dirks <ldirks_at_MICROSOFT.COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:17:59 -0700

Les,
Microsoft Research and arXiv.org have been working closely on the adoption/utilization of the SWORD protocol and arXiv.org already has a preliminary service up and running. I would encourage you to follow-up directly with Simeon and Paul for additional detail, but I think the bulk of the work is largely done.

In an important related point, I would like to add that we (Microsoft Research) is actively working on the ability to push from Word 2007 directly to repositories that can consume the SWORD protocol.
-jld

Lee Dirks
Director, Education & Scholarly Communication |  Microsoft Corporation - External Research |  ldirks_at_microsoft.com |  (425) 703-6866