oderation and Censorship

From: Andrew A. Adams <a.a.adams_at_READING.AC.UK>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:33:19 +0100

I fully support Stevan as moderator of the AmSci OA list. The job of a
moderator is to censor. There is no other word to describe the job they
are asked to do. Censorship is not always a bad thing, provided it is
applied appropriately. Stevan has disagreed with me a number of
times on the focus of the list and the movement but allowed those postings
through while posting his disagreement openly. Keeping off-topic and
insulting material off the list is exactly what the job as moderator entails
and he retains my confidence.

--
Dr Andrew A Adams, School of Systems Engineering
The University of Reading, Reading, RG6 6AY, UK