Announcing Cloture on the Moderator Nonconfidence Vote Thread

From: Stevan Harnad <amsciforum_at_GMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 06:00:05 -0400

MODERATOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT: Because it has gone on far too long and has
caused significant losses to the American Scientist Open Access Forum
(in the form of members unsubscribing), the discussion thread on the
nonconfidence vote is now closed. I hesitated to invoke cloture, for
obvious reasons, but it is unavoidable because of the growing loss,
and threatened loss, of the Forum's longstanding membership arising
from the continuing discussion. I ask Sally Morris to announce the
result of her offline vote at the end of this week. Other than that,
there will be no further postings on this topic. It is Open Access
Day. Open Access policy and practice postings are welcome again.

Stevan Harnad
Moderator,
American Scientist Open Access Forum