Re: STM Publisher Briefing on Institution Repository Deposit Mandates

From: Heather Morrison <heatherm_at_ELN.BC.CA>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:23:07 -0800

A meta question ~

If we can form conclusions based on research results reported in this
manner, does this mean that can we safely dispense with peer review
and formal publication?

For the avoidance of doubt: I do see the value of peer review and
formal publication. Before coming to any conclusions about this
research, I would want to see the methodology section.

Sally, could you post a preprint and let us know the status of this
article? Has it gone through peer review yet?

Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is that of the author alone, and
does not represent the opinion or policy of BC Electronic Library
Network or Simon Fraser University Library.

Heather Morrison, MLIS
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com