(wrong string) ège]

From: Klaus Graf <klausgraf_at_GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 18:59:33 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Klaus Graf <klausgraf_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 2009/2/5
Subject: Re: Repositories: Institutional or Central ? [in French, from
Rector's blog, U. Liège]
To: FORUM_at_listserver.sigmaxi.org

(1) Please consider that most universites worldwide doesn't have IRs.

(2) Please take into account that thousands of scholars have NO
university affiliation. (I cannot see that my idea to open IRs for
alumni research has get any feedback.)

(3) IR managers can take all eprints from institution-affiliated
scholars which are libre OA (under CC-BY or CC-BY-NC/ND) and available
on a publisher's website or in a CR/TR. This is one reason why gratis
OA isn't enough.

Klaus Graf
http://archiv.twoday.net