(wrong string) ège]

From: Arthur Sale <ahjs_at_OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:30:59 +1100

Klaus

1.  Almost all research intensive universities in the world now have
repositories. I am sorry if yours doesn't. The remaining non-research
oriented universities will follow suit if it suits them, and there
are at most 10,000 of them.

2.  I accept there are a few thousand scholars with no university or
research lab institutional affiliation. I myself exist on the fringe
of UTas as a retired Emeritus Professor. Consortial arrangements will
take care of this when we reach near 100% capture (such as the
Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery - a primary source of key botanical
and zoological data) - well say 80%. Arguing for 10-15% is a
defeatist attitude.

3.  Your third argument is true but silly. It simply does not make
sense. IRs are primary as they link to researcher output, CRs and
publishers are secondary.

Arthur Sale

University of Tasmania