Re: Chronicle of Higher Education: Misunderstanding about the Evans & Reimer OA Impact Study

From: (wrong string) élène.Bosc <hbosc-tchersky_at_orange.fr>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:31:44 +0100

Klaus Graf wrote :
"Is there any empirical evidence that there are more self-archived
articles in the web than articles free after an embargo? There is a
lot af free backfile access for TA journals. And even you exclude that
you have to proof your assertion."

Yes, there is a lot of free backfile access in some periodicals and there is
also a lot of articles from the Academie des Sciences published in the 18th
century in our Archive HAL .
But I doubt that the following article, for example, published in 1700 and
describing the human urethra could accelerate the progress in research on
sida or cancer, today.
http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/index.php?halsid=648bte0jlr7coh80702n258hf6&
view_this_doc=ads-00104349&version=1

Hélène Bosc