Re: Kathryn Sutherland's Attack on OA in the THES

From: Sally Morris <sally_at_morris-assocs.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:56:03 +0100

Tenopir and King found that the average number of articles per
journal was, in fact, increasing steadily.  I think it's a fallacy
that publishers launch new journals in order to make money; it is,
surely, more profitable to expand an existing journal (assuming you
can increase the price accordingly)?  New journals take years to make
any money, even if they succeed - and not all do

Sally

Sally Morris

South House, The Street

Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Tel: +44(0)1903 871286

Fax: +44(0)8701 202806

Email: sally_at_morris-assocs.demon.co.uk