SHERPA/RoMEO API Upgrade and Future Development

From: Peter Millington <Peter.Millington_at_NOTTINGHAM.AC.UK>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:21:33 +0100

* Announcement (cross-posted) *

SHERPA has just released Version 2.4 of the RoMEO Application
Programmers' Interface (API). The new version uses a totally new
algorithm and is faster than earlier 1.x versions. It also supplies
data for the fields that were missing in earlier versions - paid open
access, and compliance with research funders' mandates.

A full list of the changes can be seen in Appendix D of the updated
documentation, downloadable from
http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/api.html.

If you are using an older version of the prototype, we strongly
recommend that you upgrade your application to use V.2.4 as soon as
possible, because we will be discontinuing the old versions at the
end of 2009. Version 2.4 is largely compatible with earlier versions.
The main things that may require attention are: the new URL, handling
the extra fields, and handling changes to the parameter and copyright
fields.

This version of the API is the final release before we redevelop the
RoMEO database. More information on our plans for RoMEO can be seen
in the OR09 poster at
http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/documents/RoMEOor09.pdf. The improvements
will result in radical changes to the API. However, V.2.4 will
continue to be available for a period after the new RoMEO has been
released.

Regards

Peter Millington

SHERPA Technical Development Officer
Greenfield Medical Library, University of Nottingham, Queen's Medical
Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, England

http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/ - SHERPA/RoMEO - the database of
publishers' copyright and self-archiving policies

attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage
your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks.
Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be
monitored as permitted by UK legislation.