EPrints repository training course

From: Alma Swan <a.swan_at_TALK21.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:54:01 +0100

The next training course offered by EPrints will take place at the
University of Southampton on 1-2 September 2009. As well as the
standard EPrints two-day course, from which delegates emerge not only
equipped to set up and run a repository for their institution but
also with one on their laptop, there is an additional day offered
free of charge.

This is on Thursday 3 September, provided by the JISC-funded dotAC
project, and will be on the application of linked data principles in
an institutional environment. Details of the courses can be found on
the EPrints website: http://www.eprints.org/services/training/

Because our training courses are run by senior members of the EPrints
software development and support team, you are sure to get up-to-date
and relevant insights into EPrints and its uses.  The cost of the
two-day course is 750 GBP (plus VAT where applicable). Included in
the cost is lunch and refreshments and full course materials.

The EPrints software is free for anyone to download and use.  The
money we receive from training courses contributes to the costs of
the continuing development of EPrints, providing a degree of
stability that is appreciated by users.

To book a place on the course, please email info_at_services.eprints.org
with a purchase order number, indicating whether you are booking a
place on the two-day or three-day course.  We do not invoice until
after the course.  Once we have received a purchase order number from
you we will send you a list of accommodation options and directions
to the course venue.

There is a limit to the number of people the training facilities can
accommodate so if you think you would like to attend please do let us
know as soon as possible since these courses are very popular. If we
find the September course is full then we will offer another one as
soon as possible.

EPrints is the repository software of first choice for many
institutions in the UK and beyond.  We hope you will join the team in
Southampton to learn more about building and managing a repository
and about the many benefits the latest version of EPrints can offer.