Re: Research: Writ, Reason, and Practice

From: C.Oppenheim <C.Oppenheim_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 07:41:14 +0100

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

I hope I am not included by Keith as amongst those who use copyright
debates to restrict OA. I have consistently urged authors NOT to assign
copyright to publishers so that they are indeed free to self-archive.

If authors are foolish enough to assign copyrigh to OA unfriendly
publishers, they only have themselves to blame if the law then puts barriers
to self-archiving in their way. But there is no point in pretending there
isn't a legal barrier under such circumstances.

Charles