Re: Dramatic Growth of Open Access: December 11, 2009 Early Year-End Edition

From: Heather Morrison <hgmorris_at_SFU.CA>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:12:16 -0800

hi Dirk,

Yes indeed this is dramatic growth! I see that BASE is posting the numbers
on the website, so that I can now add BASE to future editions of Dramatic
Growth.

It is also noteworthy that BASE has sophisticated searching, including
if BASE has fewer repositories harvested than Scientific Commons, why does
Scientific Commons include more publications? (32 million to 21.8 million
for BASE).

This is a topic well worth further exploring; there are now very substantial
resources available, and so the question of best approaches to searching for
documents is very worth of research.

best,

Heather Morrison
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com