Re: Creating Institutional Repositories Is Not the Problem

From: Heather Morrison <hgmorris_at_SFU.CA>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:01:12 -0800

Another option for smaller libraries is consortial repositories
[disclosure: I work for a library consortium]. If your consortium
does not have a collaborative repository, my recommendation is to
inquire about whether one can be set up. In many cases, an interim
solution for the really small institutions could be as simple as a
space within the repository of a larger institution. Most library
consortia, in my experience, are responsive to members' needs; that
is, a service like this is set up once it is known that members desire
such a service.

Heather Morrison
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com