Re: EPrint Request Button

From: Klaus Graf <klausgraf_at_GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 18:48:24 +0100

2010/2/9 Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>:

> Authors should be encouraged to provide their forwarding logins and
> also to export all their deposits to the repository of their new
> institution too!

This is nonsense (like the whole button). Deposits should'nt be
transferred from one repository to another. At RWTH Aachen IR there is
no possibility to deposit eprints from former affiliations. I do not
appreciate this but the reason is the connection with the university
bibliography.

If an author dies should he be encouraged to export all his deposits
to heaven or hell??

Klaus Graf