Re: Captured product vs. service

From: Uhlir, Paul <PUhlir_at_NAS.EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:51:03 -0500

I certainly agree with Marc that a non-exclusive license from the author to the
publisher, along with whatever terms and conditions may be needed to,
e.g., "make back issues available in some format" or other similar
provisions, could address the problem raised by the APS via Steve. The transfer
of full copyright is not required. The National Academy of Sciences, for
instance, currently asks the authors of papers or presentations in symposium or
conference proceedings to sign a non-exclusive license, not transfer the
copyright.

Paul