Re: Four European research funders adopt OA mandates

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:23:44 +0000

Actually, to set the record straight: only 2 of those 4 OA mandates
are new. ASF mandated OA in October 2006 and SFI mandated OA in Feb
2009.

The HRBI mandate is a (welcome) upgrade from what was merely a "strong
encouragement" policy in Feb 28. The Telethon Italy mandate sounds
like it's entirely new.

(Is this, then, only an announcement that the biological output of
these 4 institutions will also be deposited in UKPMC?)

With the Harvard Business School Mandate (#148 worldwide) this brings
the total number of OA mandates to #150 (44 funder mandates and 106
institutional and departmental mandates). See ROARMAP: http://www.eprints.org/openaccess/policysignup/