Re: The Mandate of Open Access Institutional Repository Managers

From: leo waaijers <leowaa_at_XS4ALL.NL>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 22:54:47 +0200

But shouldn't you accept then that different repository managers may have
various 'mandates'? You seem so rigid in this.

On 2010-07-30, at 4:18 PM, leo waaijers wrote:

Stevan Harnad wrote:

And my mandate, Charles (if you will permit me!) is to continue describing, as c
learly and as concretely as I can, what it is that I take to be the mandate of r
epositories, repository managers, and repository managers -- and why.

Is this a self-imposed mandate Stevan? If so, are we all entitled to define our
own mandates?

Yes, self-imposed, Leo.

And, yes, we're all entitled to impose mandates on ourselves.

(Some, unfond of extended metaphors, might prefer to call it their "mission." Mi
ne's been open access archivangelism 'lo these nigh on 20 years...)