Re: The Mandate of Open Access Institutional Repository Managers

From: leo waaijers <leowaa_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:56:20 +0200

Dear Stevan,

Yes, I think that a public discussion of your rigidity may advance things. Not
your rigidity as a personal psychological feature, but as an operational or
tactical factor. My point is, your rigidity is not a success factor.

Sometimes I am dreaming of an agreement between Green and Gold in the form of a
mutually accepted simple overview of pro's and con's of both options. We then
could stop the relentless internal debates in the OA movement and use the
released energy to approach funders together and tell them that if they take OA
seriously, and I am convinced most of them do, they can make a contingency based
choice.

I always have the feeling that your rigidity prevents such a development. Am I
right?

Best wishes,
Leo.