Re: Open Archives and their Significance in the Communication of Science, Workshop in Uppsala November 16 ? 17

From: Thomas Krichel <krichel_at_OPENLIB.ORG>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:14:42 +0200

  Jenny Ericsson writes

> Open Archives and their Significance in the Communication of Science,
> Workshop in Uppsala November 16 ? 17.
>
> The aim for this workshop is to introduce and sum up the current research
> about usage- and download data from open archives. How can usage metrics
> from open archives provide new knowledge about how science is
> communicated? Can it be a tool for future evaluation of science? These and
> related questions will be discussed at the workshop at Swedish University
> of Agricultural sciences, Uppsala, Sweden, on the 16th ? 17th of November.
> Read more about the programme and participants on the workshop web pages
> (updated continuously):
>
> http://www.slu.se/en/library/about/projects/oaworkshop/

  I am surprised you don't Sune Karlsson, the creator of LogEc

http://logec.repec.org

  the usage statistics service of the RePEc digital library

http://repec.org

  who has been working on usage statistics for many years now.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1
                                               skype: thomaskrichel