OAPEN Library for peer reviewed HSS monographs to be launched at FBM

From: Jean Kempf <Jean.Kempf_at_UNIV-LYON2.FR>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:45:51 +0200

Launch of the OAPEN Library at the Frankfurt Book Fair

We are pleased to announce that OAPEN, the European project dedicated to Open
Access publishing of academic books, will officially launch the OAPEN Library at
the Frankfurt Book Fair.

The ceremony will take place on Wednesday, October 6, 12 AM in Hall 4.2 - C 1433
(Education Hot Spot stage) of the Frankfurt Book Fair.

The launching ceremony of the OAPEN Library will mark the start of the first
dedicated collection of freely available academic books in the Humanities and
Social Sciences from across Europe. Through the OAPEN Library we aim to build a
branded collection of Open Access peer-reviewed books and to increase the
visibility and retrievability of high-quality European research. We also aim to
promote Open Access book publishing by developing common standards, based on
transparent procedures for peer review and recommendations for OA licences.
It is of course no coincidence that we have chosen the Frankfurt Book Fair, the
oldest and largest book fair in the world and vitally important to the
international book trade, to launch the OAPEN Library and introduce a new
economic model for academic books, based on Open Access to academic information.
We believe the OAPEN Library will contribute to a new and vibrant future of the
academic monograph in the digital age.

We hope to welcome you at the ceremony. If you wish to attend, please let us
know through oapen_at_aup.nl

Visit our website: http://www.oapen.org