Teesside University announces the first institutional mandate of Open Access Week 2010

From: Alma Swan <a.swan_at_TALK21.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:15:28 +0100

Teesside University in the UK has launched its institutional repository and
announced a mandatory policy on depositing the University's research
outputs.

The repository, TeesRep, was officially opened by the Vice Chancellor,
Professor Graham Henderson, who welcomed the new development, saying: 'It
plays a significant role in emphasising the importance of the research being
undertaken by our staff and makes the findings of our publicly funded
research available to the wider community.'

'The institutional repository holds journal articles, books, PhD theses and
multimedia work going back to 2000. It increases the visibility and impact
of the University¹s research activities.' said Professor Cliff Hardcastle,
Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research and Enterprise.

Liz Jolly, Director of the University¹s Library and Information Services -
responsible for managing the archive - said: 'TeesRep is a valuable source
of information for academics, and disseminates the University¹s research
outputs to the public at large.'

TeesRep can be accessed from www.tees.ac.uk/teesrep
<http://tees.openrepository.com/tees/> .