Re: Astrology

From: Droy, Robert (DROY92@psy.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 27 1995 - 13:39:28 GMT

Some people argue that psychotherapy is harmless because
even if it doesn't help the patient, it won't hinder the patient
either. Well, surely this is true of astrology as well? Astrology may
give people a sense of hope for the future. It's similar to a friend
telling you that things will get better. People use it as an
emotional support when things aren't going the way they want. People
can say 'Oh well! My stars tell me my love life will improve this
week' and they feel better.' What can be the harm in that? If I
really wanted to put the cat amongst the pigeons, I could say that a
belief in astrology seems just as reasonable to me as a belief in
God.

Let's hope I don't get struck by lightning on my way home.