Re: Pink Elephants

From: Herheim Aaste (AH595@psy.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 06 1996 - 16:21:31 GMT

md> The big question is: do you need to be thinking about something in
md> order to say it? And do you need to be thinking about X in order to
md> say that you are thinking about X? DYE Matt

It seems difficult to say something or say that I am thinking (or not
thinking) about something without actually thinking about it.. But
what about " every-day" conversation when we participate in a flow of
relatively unimportant information-sharing..: "I'm cold", "Pass the
butter,please.." etc. Is it possible to talk about something you are
not really thinking about inbetween this chatting?

Aaste Herheim