Re: Mental Imaging

From: Fletcher, Emma (ejf195@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 16 1996 - 16:39:18 BST

If I sit and image an apple in my mind, presumably it is unconscious
processes in my brain that enable me to remember and to produce the
form texture and colour of the fruit. However, what was it that
primarily prompted me to think about the apple? O.k. I purposely set
out to produce this image, but what made me want to? What prompted my
conscious decision to produce this image? Unconscious processing? If
this is so then why shouldn't all my thoughts and actions be random?