Re: Monty Hall

From: Betts, Steven (SMB196@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 09:10:17 GMT

Having read two of the explanations of the Monty Hall issue I have
found that neither of them have been bennificial two me in anyway at
all. As far as I am concerned having three doors gives you a 1:3 chance
of winning , however once you eliminate a door you are only left with
two choices , hence each door has a 1:2 chance of having a prize behind
it. I left wondering how many other people are sure that they
understand what was proposed in the lecture and the following
Skywriting. Can somebody please explain to me ( In English ) how to go
about resolving this problem. Betts, Steven.