Re: Theory of Mind

From: Cherry, Sandra (sc1396@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 11:42:55 GMT

Appologies, I did not mean to open up a can of worms on the theory of
the mind. I was just trying to say that there are some people,
autistic, young children and "others" who are unable to understand
other's viewpoints. For others it is a "choice", to ignore other's
views and go ahead and do it anyway.

Graham, I do not believe that egocentricity is a red herring, as this
is used to describe a child's stage of development, in which they are
unable to see other's views.

Tabitha, I, as I expect others, although not wishing to say so,
occasionaly have purely selfish thoughts, but mostly remain as
thoughts, and thus do not bring grief to anyone, and no I would not
like to rate myself on any scale. Unlike as Sharon mentioned, that
some, not all, criminals, are aware of their thoughts and others, but
still carry out their intended actions. Sandra