Re: The Frame Problem

From: Hurden, Jackie (jwh196@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 07 1997 - 10:39:39 GMT

As we grow and develop as children, I think we are being "programmed"
with all the information we require to live in this complicated world.
If we had a lifetime in which to programme a computer to deal with all
these variables, surely it would be possible, since we have been able
to do the same. If we can take in the information at the rate of
thousands of pieces per day, it would be possible to give this
information to a computer to use to make its decisions.

The part I have trouble with is whether a computer would be able to use
this information in the way we do as humans. Would it be able to
make judgements, avoid hurting someone's feelings, or decide which
colour it prefers?

All I can say is its a good thing that we are capable of continuing to
learn - otherwise I would be in serious trouble with this course!!

Hurden, Jackie