Re: What the mind's eye tells the mind's brain

From: Smith, Wendy (WS93PY@psy.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 23 1995 - 08:30:56 GMT

Baden, Denise:

db> It sounds like you're referring more to a neural network model here,
db> which isn't the impression that I got fron Pylyshyn. I must admit, I
db> find the neural net model more persuasive and easy to visualise than the
db> descriptions offerred by Pylyshyn.

Smith, Wendy:

To be quite honest, I didn't fully understand what Pylyshyn meant,
and could well have got the wrong end of the stick. Perhaps you
could explain your impression in more detail? What is it about the
neural net model that makes it more persuasive?