Feature Extraction & Image Processing for Computer Vision
Mark S. Nixon and Alberto S. Aguado
Welcome to the homepage for Feature Extraction & Image Processing for Computer Vision, 4th Edition.
Here you'll find extra material for the book, particularly its software.
The Fourth Edition is out Sep 2019 and is being marketed on Amazon now.
Here is the new 4th Edition contents - it's much more up-to-date in terms of image processing, low-level feature extraction and high-level feature extraction with many other improvements throughout. The support software is now in Matlab and Python, and is available for educational use .
New material includes
- image operators: Non-Local Means, Bilateral Filtering
- new point detectors: FAST, ORB, FREAK, BRIEF, LOCKY
- saliency: Context Aware Saliency and other saliency operators
- extended optical flow : Deepflow, Epicflow and extensions
- moments formulated in discrete space : Tchebichef and Krawtchouk Moments
- region based operators : Watershed transform, Maximally Stable Extremal Regions and superpixels (Normalised Cuts and SLIC)
- moving objects : Space-Time Interest Points
- and a whole new Chapter on Distance, Classification and Learning, which includes Deep.
Electronic demonstrations of the book's contents
So long as you are windows with site access to Referex in Engineering Village 2
How to win beer; known errors
School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton SO17 1BJ, UK