Keep up-to-date by visiting our news release pages to find out about our latest discoveries or visit the University website for more news from across the University of Southampton. For more information on our news stories, journalists can contact Media Relations on 023 8059 3212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
News, events & seminars
Breaking through boundaries
Medicine is always making the headlines; new discoveries in medical research by our academic units frequently influences the future direction of healthcare practice.
Useful downloadsListen to our news podcasts
Hear our researchers and clinicians talking about their cutting-edge research that's making the headlines, as well as a range of other activities and developments.
Podcast edition 1
- Can adult bone stem cells transform hip replacement operations?
- More research on the mass screening of newborn babies' hearing
- Further developments in finding the causes of asthma
Podcast length: 4 mins 33 secs
Podcast edition 2
- Can Vitamin D help combat osteoporosis?
- Is there a link between watercress and breast cancer?
- The latest on research to find the causes of Alzheimer's Disease.
Podcast length: 5 mins 33 secs