Re: Open Access Does Not require Republishing and Reprinting Rights

From: Rebecca Kennison <rkennison_at_plos.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:43:35 +0000

Here in the United States are various rights one can have as a
"copyright," and the people at Creative Commons spell out those
differences pretty clearly on their Web site (www.creativecommons.org)
for those interested. Although our authors keep the copyright, they do
so under a signed agreement with us that the only right they retain is
the right of proper attribution, as spelled out in the Creative Commons
Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/).=20

Rebecca Kennison
Public Library of Science