Re: Do not confuse LIBERATION and PUBLICATION

From: Chris Armstrong <lisqual_at_cix.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:09:23 +0100

OK, I think we got there!

My final worry (!):
>From <http://www.eprints.org/software.html>:
>1.Decide a maximal set of metadata fields that should be
>stored (for example, "authors", "title", "journal",
>"journal volume", etc.)
>3.For each EPrint type, decide which metadata fields
>should be stored for EPrints of that type, and which of
>those fields are mandatory.

The archive administrator can leave out
"quality-verifying" metadata.

Is there a metedata element that specifies a date on
which the archived paper is superseded (by a new version,
the formally published version, etc)?

I always feel that browsers should have a user-switchable
window that shows the metadata so that they are aware of
crucial facts that may not be printed in the body of the
paper (like "there is a more recent corrected version
available").

But that's another matter!

Chris