Re: FOS Newsletter Excerpts

From: Alan Story <a.c.story_at_UKC.AC.UK>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:26:31 +0100

Michael:

Instead of using emotive words like "shame" and "cynical", perhaps you might
address the issues I have raised:

a) who is actually doing the giving?
b) the "free now, charge later" philosophy behind this scheme.
c) use of non proprietary/open source software for accessing the materials
d) financial assistance for academic contributors from countries of the
South.

To use your own emotive, I just don't see the "sacrifice" involved.

Regards
Alan

Alan Story
Kent Law School