Re: Copyright: Form, Content, and Prepublication Incarnations

From: Joseph Pietro Riolo <riolo_at_VOICENET.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:31:51 -0500

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_cogprints.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> 6. How to get around restrictive copyright legally
> http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Tp/resolution.htm#Harnad/Oppenheim

You mention that reference several times at CNI-COPYRIGHT and, I notice,
here too.

I have a great doubt about the legality on the second statement in the
section 6.1 (saying that an author is not bound by any future copyright
transfer agreement). How do you arrive at that conclusion? Which
law says that you are not bound by any future copyright transfer
agreement? I notice that you rely on Charles Oppenheim for the legal
opinion but I don't see any references to laws and court decisions that
support his opinion.

Joseph Pietro Riolo
<riolo_at_voicenet.com>

Public domain notice: I put all of my expressions in this
post in the public domain.