Re: Copyright: Form, Content, and Prepublication Incarnations

From: Chris Armstrong <lisqual_at_cix.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:58:03 +0000

Stevan

the reason I do not usually enter into these discussions
with you is that you never reply except as a put-down:
you obviously haven't understood...
this has already been discussed...
etc.
You rarely add to a Socratic discourse, or so it seems to
me; only to a long list of didactic statements.

I do not have worries that belong on a Zeno's Paralysis
list. I would just like the community - in its widest
sense - to have the opportunity to discuss these issues.
For this they need to be aware that other issues and
views exist (and I am sure there are many more that I
haven't even thought of!)

On second thoughts, I do have one worry. It is that
authors and universities will be railroaded into the
Subversive Proposal without understanding the issues
involved or realising that there may just be alternatives
... that may just be better.

I have not copied this to the list, but feel free to do
so in full if you see fit.
Chris Armstrong
UKOLUG Chair & Newsletter Editor
lisqual_at_cix.co.uk