Re: Full-Text Useage Statistics: Open Access vs. Firewalled

From: Declan Butler <dbutler_at_CYBERCABLE.FR>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:09:53 +0100

Dear all
On this topic; you may be interested to read a related piece "Free online
availability substantially increases a paper's impact"
by Steve Lawrence
NEC Research Institute, 4 Independence Way, Princeton, NJ 08540
http://www.nature.com/nature/debates/e-access/Articles/lawrence.html
Also see some stats (it's Figure 1) from Highwire Press for Oxford
University Press journals on the effects of free access
http://www.nature.com/nature/debates/e-access/Articles/richardson.html
Cheers
Declan