Re: Institutional OAI activity in the UK

From: Peter Suber <peters_at_EARLHAM.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:53:27 +0100

At 06:17 PM 9/20/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>I am due to give a presentation on the institutional use of OAI and
>e-print archives in UK HEIs at the OAI conference in Geneva in
>mid-October. I am of course aware of the FAIR projects which are just
>getting up running, but it would be useful for me if you could let me know
>about any UK activity you know of outside of FAIR.
>
>For those in FAIR, it would be good if you could point me at a project web
>page or give a brief project outline. This will help me to make sure I
>represent your work correctly.
>
>I would appreciate responses by 1 October.
>
>For information, the SHERPA project web site is at http://www.sherpa.ac.uk
>. SHERPA is part of FAIR.
>
>Thanks
>Stephen
>

>Stephen Pinfield
>Assistant Director of Information Services
>Research and Learning Resources
>Hallward Library
>University Park
>University of Nottingham
>Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
>Phone +44 (0) 115 951 5109
>Fax +44 (0) 115 951 4558
>Email Stephen.Pinfield_at_Nottingham.ac.uk

Stephen,
      Last month I collected the major events in OAI and eprint archiving
activity from the previous six months. See my list in the FOS Newsletter
for August 8, 2002, <http://makeashorterlink.com/?W5B012CD1> (scroll to the
second story). I haven't separated the UK events from the rest, but that
should not be too hard to do.

      Good luck,
      Peter

Peter Suber, Professor of Philosophy
Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana, 47374
Email peters_at_earlham.edu
Web http://www.earlham.edu/~peters

Editor, Free Online Scholarship Newsletter
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/
Editor, FOS News blog
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html