Re: Will the RCUK support OA?

From: Subbiah Arunachalam <subbiah_a_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:38:35 +0000

If the research councils in the UK are keen to go
ahead with promoting and implementing OAA and if they
need additional funding for this purpose and if it
does not come from the treasury, then we should
persuade organizations such as the Wellcome Trust and
Andrew Mellon Foundation to provide the funds needed.
After all the funds needed are rather small. We should
also mobilise public support in the UK (and elsewhere)
and persuade taxpayers to demand that research paid
out of their taxes should be made publicly available
for free.

Arun

http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/2005_03_20_fosblogarchive.html#a111168615476714393

http://www.parliament.uk/parliamentary_committees/science_and_technology_committee.cfm