Re: Use of Navigational Tools in a Repository

From: Eberhard R. Hilf <hilf_at_ISN-OLDENBURG.DE>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:30:07 +0100

> google also indexes on the metadata and not just the full-text.
It does and use it internally in a decicive way to determine the
ranking. We did such experiments, just adding metadata by virtue of
MyMetaMaker, as used in Mathematics and Physics, to existing OA papers
in local repositories with no other change, and it made not only a
decicive effect but indeed rocketed the paper up in the ranking to
place 1 or two..
All that is missing are search entry fields for the user, but I agree
to Stevan that this is shure to come once OAI are a larger chunk of the
data.
Eberhard Hilf