Re: Journal Length Constraints

From: Dana Roth <dzrlib_at_LIBRARY.CALTECH.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:44:00 -0800

In the spirit of 'never attribute to malice what can be explained by
ignorance' ...

It needs to be pointed out that 'letters to the editor' are different
from 'research letters'.

For example, publications in Physical Review Letters are designated as
'articles' by ISI. For example,

Zhu SL (Zhu, Shi-Liang), Fu H (Fu, Hao), Wu CJ (Wu, C-J.), Zhang SC
(Zhang, S-C.), Duan LM (Duan, L-M.)
PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 97 (24): Art. No. 240401 DEC 15 2006
**Document Type: Article

Tim's comments regarding the ISI IF also refer to 'letters to the
editor' and not 'research' letters.

Dana Roth
Caltech