Re: Physics World: The CERN Gold OA initiative

From: Arthur Sale <ahjs_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:33:25 +1100

Paul

I am really worried about your comment that libraries need funding bodies
to be in partnership (your words) to make the transition to pay
reader-side publication fees. In my view, this is entirely a library
issue of how to fund the university&#8217;s research, or so I would say
if I were still a senior university executive or on a finding body. Go
change your research journal support policy (aka acquisitions policy,
though now obviously misnamed).

Arthur Sale

University of Tasmania